Hello, incoming Scheller Full-time MBAs for Fall 2021! As you begin your prep to transition from your current work life to student engagement again, here is a reading list of suggested books and resources for you, courtesy of the Jones MBA Career Center team. These resources will guide you through interview prepping for specific roles you may be targeting. It’s good to start early, internship interviews will begin for some of you much quicker than you realize, as early as July!
Required Reading: TBD, we will post on the Canvas site with your summer homework.
Case Interview Preparation
Case interviewing is a critical skill that needs to be mastered by any student pursuing consulting jobs. The skills are also relevant to all MBA students, as cases or mini-cases are increasingly used as part of the interview process for other functional areas. Here is a list of case interviewing and consulting resources for summer reading and preparation.
- “Crack the Case System: How to Conquer Your Case Interviews” (October 2015)
Supporting website offers 42 cases, case videos with sample answers and coaching.
- “The Vault: “Career Guide to Consulting” by Andrew Morkes & Chris Bierly
- “The Vault: Guide to Case Interviews” by Paul Greenland, Laurence Shatkin, Mark Asher, and Eric Chung
Provides an overview of industry trends, life on the job, and practical information on getting hired. (FYI, once you have your GT email, you will have free access via GT campus career services or you can purchase the guide now on vault.com)
This resource is recommended to prepare for marketing interviews.
These two resources have been recommended by current and former MBA students to prepare for product management interviews.
- “Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews” by Lewis C Lin
- “Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Product Manager Job in Technology” by Gayle McDowell
- Lewis Lin also has a great website with free resources and he shares tips on LinkedIn. We will be hosting a webinar with him in October 2021.
- “The 20-Minute Networking Meeting” by Nathan Perez and Marcia Ballinger
- “Executive Presence – The Missing Link between Merit and Success” by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
- “The MBA Guide to Networking Like a Rockstar” by Jaymin J.Patel