Hello, incoming Scheller Full-time MBAs for Fall 2022!
As you begin your prep to transition from your current work life to student engagement again, here is a reading list of suggested books and resources for you, courtesy of the Jones MBA Career Center team. These resources will guide you through interview prepping for specific roles you may be targeting. It’s good to start early, internship interviews can begin as early as this summer!
Required Reading: We will post your summer homework on the MBA Career Services Canvas site.
Case Interview Preparation
Case interviewing is a critical skill that needs to be mastered by any student pursuing consulting jobs. The skills are also relevant to all MBA students, as cases or mini-cases are increasingly used as part of the interview process for other functional areas. Here is a list of case interviewing and consulting resources for summer reading and preparation.
- Crack the Case System: How to Conquer Your Case Interviews (October 2015) by David Ohrvall- Their supporting website offers 42 cases, case videos with sample answers and coaching.
- Case In Point (11th Edition) by Mark Cosentino
- The Vault: Career Guide to Consulting (3rd Edition) by Andrew Morkes & Chris Bierly
- The Vault: Guide to Case Interviews (9th Edition) by Paul Greenland, Laurence Shatkin, Mark Asher, and Eric Chung
**FYI, once you have your GT email address, you will have free access to these guides via the Firsthand site subscription available through the Georgia Tech campus career services. Here’s the link to register with your GT email: Georgia Institute of Technology (firsthand.co). Once in the site, go to Library/Guides/Consulting to find the Vault Guides mentioned.
This resource is recommended to prepare for marketing interviews.
- The Marketing Interview: 50 Answers to the Toughest Questions by Lewis C. Lin
These two resources have been recommended by current and former MBA students to prepare for product management interviews.
- Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews by Lewis C. Lin
- Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Product Manager Job in Technology by Gayle McDowell
- Lewis Lin also has a great website with free resources and he shares tips on LinkedIn. We will be hosting a program with him during the Fall 2022 semester.
Networking & Professional Presentation
- The 20-Minute Networking Meeting by Nathan Perez and Marcia Ballinger
- Executive Presence – The Missing Link between Merit and Success by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
- The MBA Guide to Networking Like a Rockstar by Jaymin J. Patel