Please apply via Buzz and the company website!
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
Our award-winning Turnaround and Restructuring (TRS) practice is recognized as one of the leading providers in the market. Our team has worked on many of the world’s largest and most high-profile bankruptcies and restructurings. Since 1981, we have set the standard for preserving value in urgent situations. We were there when the bankruptcy code was created in the United States and we have been working with management, investors, and creditors around the world ever since.
The summer internship is an opportunity to explore and understand the TRS practice. You’ll get a glimpse of what it is like to work with a team of AlixPartners professionals providing business, financial and strategic consulting advice to companies that are under-performing and/or highly leveraged. The internship allows MBA candidates with various opportunities such as training and development, on the job shadowing on key clients, networking at various levels within the firm etc. and ultimately the potential to convert to a full-time role upon graduation.
The Turnaround & Restructuring Services Intern is a temporary role located in New York, NY.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Currently pursuing an MBA (or equivalent) degree – ideally first year MBA candidate.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services or consulting firm environment. Experience working with troubled companies is advantageous.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems & related fields, or Management Information Systems (MIS) is preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills. Deep understanding of financial statements and/or financial data management are required.
- Experience working on complex work streams and projects.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access. If you have a major in information systems, experience with SQL is highly advantageous.
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client’s needs.
- Able to work independently and effectively on high impact teams. High energy style, flexible and adaptive, works well in a dynamic.
- Advanced written communication skills, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations.
- Able to articulately communicate information and adapt effectively to the audience. Deliver influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to build counselling relationships with clients and peers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).